Cage Wire and Netting
This galvanized fabric is generally used for all kinds of bird cage fabrications. The 2x2 mesh is commonly used for floors for birds and animals, This size does not become clogged. For baby birds, the 4x4 mesh is recommended.
The preferred hexagonal wire netting for aviary is 1/2" Mesh, galvanized after weaving. Pheasants cannot stick their head through the wires. It is also sparrow-proof.
Welded Wire Fabric
For construction of cages not requiring supporting frames, this heavy duty, zinc-coated wire has been developed to fill many applications. For cage floor, 1" x 1/2" Mesh is recommended. 2" x 1" Mesh is used for sidewalls and covers. Birds up to quail size can reach their heads through the wire to feed from troughs hanging outside the cage.
Galvanized before weaving hexagonal netting in larger mesh sizes is used for chicken, pheasant, and other bird enclosures. It can also be used for outdoor cage sidewalls.
- Type - Square mesh, Hardware cloth, Bolting cloth, Filter cloth
- Mesh - Number of openings per inch, or measurement from center of wire to center of wire
- Weave - Standard or Dutch
- Wire Diameter - In decimals, first warp then shute if different sizes
- Alloy - Multiple alloys available
- Dimensions - Length and Width
- Special Treatments - Special crimps, Calendaring, or Selvage
- Intended Use - Include operating temperatures, corrosive agents, or other factors that could impact use